We've just returned from a one week vacation in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia.
Some general comments about this ski resort:
- small, but lively resort, with everything you would want during a winter vacation: ski slopes (one of the FIS World Cup competitions is annually held here), ice skating rink, covered pool and other relaxation facilities, pubs and restaurants, well-stocked supermarket
- it's in the Alps, within less than 10 kilometers from the borders with Italy and Austria
- easy access to hihgways (20 km to the Slovenian one and 15 to the Italian highway)
- we were very happy with our stay at the 3 star Alpina Hotel (more details in a subsequent dedicated post)
- cheap food and drinks in restaurants and pubs (compared to the Austrian and Italian counterparts). In supermarkets, the prices are comparable with the ones in the neighboring countries
- on the negative side, we were left with the impression that most of the Slovenians that were vacationing there were rather impolite and rude (based on some unpleasant experiences at the pool, in the elevator, at the restaurant) and, on top of that, they left their children running around and screaming like they were the only ones there.
As a conclusion, we would heartily recommend this resort.